FOOD is fashion . FASHION is food . a VICTIM of fashionable food*

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Time for Tea *

"My family gathered to share a cup of tea ~
There are gourmet treats, the house is warm and company is free!"


After a long day at work, there are few things on one's mind. As soon as I arrive home: I place my bag on table, take off my heels and settle into the nearest lounge. Tonight was somewhat different to my usual ritual, as I was pleasantly surprised to find my cousins and aunties over for tea. Although there were only five of us, we were eager to sample some beautifully packaged European treats that had been gifted to our family for Christmas.


Shortbread House of Edinburgh- Mini macadamia biscuits, Handmade in Scotland
(I am not really fond of shortbread, but there was something different about these biscuits that gained my tick of approval. Maybe it was the macadamias... or maybe it was just the idea of biscuits being handmade in Scotland.)




Lambertz Premium European Chocolate 1.3kg 
(In short, a lot of belgium chocolates!)



Kostlichkeiten premium biscuit selection
(German biscuits, made in german-sized proportions. Each biscuit was a bit too large for my liking. We ended up cutting each biscuit into quarters so we could sample more variety. The verdict? Prettier biscuits lacked in the taste department, so looks can be deceiving!)



Twinnings English Breakfast
(Classic, and always perfect with a dash of soy milk.)



Alice Walker famously noted that "Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors." 
As you can see, "Tea to my family is really a biscuit buffet." *

No comments:

Post a Comment