FOOD is fashion . FASHION is food . a VICTIM of fashionable food*

Friday, October 12, 2012

Melomakarona *

With an ever inquisitive mind, I was curious about the platter of oval-shaped biscuits on the counter. Staff vaguely explained these were traditional Greek biscuits and kindly offered N & I one to try, complementary with our coffees. 

First thing on the agenda when I returned home was to identify what this mysterious biscuit was and the name turns out to be a tongue-twister indeed!



Melomakarona
(Coarse-grained cookie soaked in honey syrup popular throughout Greece during the Christmas season. Traditionally made from honey and spice, the one I sampled today was a modern variation using honey & almonds. I was convinced there were hints of ginger but it must have been the spices.)


from google:
the platter was displayed in a similar fashion


The Coffee Emporium
159-175 Church Street
Parramatta NSW 2150
+61 2 9633 9113

No comments:

Post a Comment